Report an Absence
The following attendance guidelines apply to ALL students.
If your child is going to miss a class for an appointment or any reason other than technical difficulties, please make sure you are still reporting attendance so that the absence can be excused.
Will your student be arriving late, leaving early or leaving and coming back?
Attendance needs to be reported by 9:15am.
PHONE: (913) 993-0212
Or (913) 993-0277 Spanish Hotline
Attendance Line: Please state your students First and Last name, spell the last name, grade and reason for their full or partial day absence from school.
Please do not call the school office for attendance, we need to keep our phone lines open for non-attendance purposes.
If your student will be leaving during the day, it is important you report by 9:15am so they can receive a pass to leave class. We are trying to limit the number of calls into the classroom so as to not disrupt instruction time for all student in the classroom. If we do not receive the message by 9:15am, we will call the student down when the parent arrives at Door 1 in the office.
- Teachers take attendance at the beginning of each class period. If your student is not present for roll call, they will be marked absent.
- Unreported absences will receive an automated phone call at the end of the day.
- We are not able to guarantee accurate attendance recording of r notifications received after 9:15am and you may receive an automated call at the end of the day.
- ONLY parents/guardians may report their students attendance.
- Parent’s/guardians may submit attendance in advance. If you know there will be an appointment or other obligation in advance, you may always submit ahead of time.
- Emailing the teacher that your student will miss class does not excuse the absence. Teachers can only mark a student as present, absent or tardy. They cannot mark your student out for an appointment, illness of parent request.
IMPORTANT: no emailed attendance. Please be sure to use the attendance hotline to call in an absence.