The last Tasty Tuesday for the school year will be at Chipotle.
- 6864 Johnson Dr, Mission, KS 66202-2310
Please: tell the cashier YOU are with Hocker Grove to get credit.
The first round of school pictures, that were taken on Family Engagement night, are available in the school office.
Picture make up days are as follows:
Monday-Feb. 1, 2021 - from 1:15-5:45. For students A-Lamb. All students in attendance that day will have their picture taken. Those students who are remote can come between 4:00-5:45. Sign-up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E4EAEAE22ABFD0-hocker
Thursday, Feb. 4 - from 1:15-5:45. For students Lamc-Z. All students in attendance that day will have their picture taken. Those students who are remote can come between 4:00-5:45. Sign up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E4EAEAE22ABFD0-hocker
Pictures will be taken in the MPR/cafeteria area. Please call the school office if you have any questions.
VIRTUAL ART CLUB
Virtual Art Club Starting THIS WEEK!
Click join class- then use this code
Tuesday 4:30-5:30 - Questions??? Email: AlyssaPassmore@smsd.org or KaitlynSpencer@smsd.org
Fee Payment Information
We are asking all parents to pay fees ONLINE this year.
· The Online fee payment portal is now open and we appreciate your patience as student schedules are now finalized. Go to www.smsd.org hover over the “Families” tab and click the link entitled “Pay Fees Online”. The site can also be found at this link: https://www.smsd.org/families/pay-fees. You may also call the Hocker Grove Bookkeeper with Credit Card information to pay fees.
· Required fees include: textbook ($80.00), ID card ($5.00), and Elective Course fees (Art, Humanities, Industrial Tech classes-Robotics, Design & Modeling, Projects)
· Optional fees – Student Activity ticket and Yearbook – if a student does not want or need, these will automatically be deleted from the student’s account if it is unpaid at the end of first quarter. The online system will allow parents the option to not pay these fees.
· All payment plans and KanCare 19 can be completed over the phone or email. KanCare has been applied to many accounts already, so please check fees in Skyward to see if the textbook & ID card fees have been waived. Please contact our bookkeeper, Michele Dirks for help with this. firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-993-0220
· Past due fees-2019-2020 were due June 1, 2020. Please pay these NOW to avoid being sent to collections.
· If you need to pay by check, you will need to go to the pay fees online portal to find out your student fees. Please make your check payable to Hocker Grove. Mail your check with your students’ ID number to Hocker Grove, attn: Bookkeeper, 10400 Johnson Dr. Shawnee, KS 66203
DS BUS TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION (2020-2021)
This year instead of DS Bus Lines being at the Middle and High Schools on fee payment day to
answer questions, take payments, and supply busing information, we are asking all payments be
made online at DS Busing website: https://dsbuslines.com/ Payments can also be made in
person at DS Bus Lines located at 5519 Merriam Dr., Merriam, KS. Cash is NOT ACCEPTED.
NEW this year, all students must enroll via DS Bus Lines to receive busing. This includes both pay
riders and those that qualify as free riders. Emails will be going out to the families and a link will
be shared on DS Bus Lines website as well as the SMSD Transportation webpage.
School Bus Weather Alerts
If your child rides the bus to and from school, please be aware that at times pick-up and drop-off might be delayed. Consider signing up for the Textcaster late bus notification system, which alerts families via text when buses are delayed. You can sign up for Textcaster here: https://my.textcaster.com/asa/2795. If you have signed up for Textcaster and have confirmed your sign-up, you will receive a text in the event your child’s bus has been delayed.